Friday, June 16, 2006

I Love Encino In The Spring

Do you see why I'm such a homebody lately and don't want to join the land of the living? Why go anywhere when your pad and its surrounding flora looks like this:

My favorite Big Brown Dog taking time to smell the flowers:
"What? It's not as good as eight-hour butt, but it's okay I guess." My favorite Pugnacious taking the time to give you the ol' hairy eyeball:I stained and finished these teak chairs and table myself. Pretty cute, yes? You have to twist your body into all sorts of positions to adequately stain something. Who knew I was a contortionist? Anyway, this is now my fave place to sit and chill. This was once a carport when the house was built in 1949, but now is a section of yard we refer to as "The Slab". I think it looks like some cute little Italian villa now. I'll take this over Skybar any day: Me and my forehead, kickin' it and being happy:

5 comments:

Chi said...

Oh Bunnie! It's as beautiful as I'd imagined -- can't wait to park my butt in the "Sky-Slab" and enjoy some flowery dog time!! And GREAT job on the chairs!

Valley Girl said...

Oh why thank you, my greatest cheerleader of all time! I <3 pat on the back's!!

Anonymous said...

The chairs look awesome! So does the yard! Yay spring!

kristi said...

Ooooo, so jealous of the freakin' most beautiful yard ever!! Can't wait to come down (someday, I PROMISE), visit, and hang at "The Slab"!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are so amazing. Love you and your forehead. Jillie