Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm Sad

I had to take out my belly button ring the other day.  I had been hoping against all hope that I could leave it in  for the whole pregnancy because, well, I'm attached to it now after six years.  And I had read that unless it was causing me any discomfort, I could leave it in.  I only have two months left to go, so I figured I was home free.

Well, suddenly it started feeling stretched and tight and kinda itchy one day, and Derek agreed that it was looking kind of wonky and should probably come out.  I took it out, and now have the saddest-looking belly button.  Since my belly button is an "innie" in the process of popping out from my bulging belly, I now look like I have a small cat's butt on my belly with a weird slit above it where the piercing is.  It is bizarre.
And if you think that's a funny visual, you should see me trying to put lotion on my lower legs after a shower.  Since my belly is so big, I can't really bend over properly, or even put my legs up on something to bend over and lotion them.  So I have to spread my legs really far apart to lotion up both legs at the same time, and assume a position that can only be described as "Sumo Wrestler Doubled Over Trying to Look Up His Own Butt."  And then I start laughing at how goofy I must look and almost fall over.
Yeah, I amuse myself.
Oh, and the Lucky Charms feedings?  Back in full effect.  In fact, I think I'll go hook up a bowl right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I realized when I read this that I was there when you got that thing and I cannot believe it's already been six years, holy cow batman.

-cracka