Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Kids' Desk

Wow, it's been awhile since I've done one of these and this was really fun.

The boys are outgrowing their dinky little kid table with mini-chairs, so I have set about trolling craigslist for the old school all-in-one desk and chair hybrid so that each kid might have his own homework/coloring/demise-plotting space.  I actually found a few for sale, but liked this beaut the best, which was a steal at $30:
 It is solid steel, very well-constructed, and surprisingly heavy.  In other words, boy-proof.

I had wanted to do something covered in comic-book-art for them for quite some time, and this thing already came with the perfect, Marvel Comic Red paint.  Some scissors, a tub of Mod Podge, and a Sunday hour to kill, and here is what emerged:





I love how it turned out!  And love the awesome inner dialogue from Superman in this frame:


Now I just need another one like it to do a Batman edition.  Or perhaps Spiderman?  Hmmmm.....

No comments: