The dilemma was this: I wanted to add more greenery on the walls of the nursery work in progress. Specifically, I wanted palm leaves, big ones, to go with the existing décor that my adorable decorating team had come up with last week. The problem: I can’t draw. Or so I told myself. In the past, even stick figures have presented an exotic challenge. And all those pretty leaves I put on last week were stencils applied with a sponge. How hard is that to do? There were no stencils big enough for what I wanted.
I sat down and humored myself by drawing a few on paper. Then figured, hey, if I draw them on the wall with pencil and it sucks, I can always erase it. So I drew it, outlined it with some paint, and decided it didn’t suck that bad. I filled it in with paint, and holy shit, I am an artist, people! I really love the result, and especially love that I showed my negative self how to get bent.
No comments:
Post a Comment